- Go to acciona.com
A large renewable energy facility
CLEAN, NON-POLLUTING ENERGY
Ensure access to affordable, reliable, sustainable and modern energy for all
1 in 8 people still do not have access to electricity. In order to ensure access to affordable, reliable, sustainable and modern energy for all, it is necessary to increase the use of renewable energy from 25 % today to 38 % in 2025.
ACCIONA is positioning itself as a key player in addressing the growth in energy demand while curbing the progress of global warming and promoting the transition to a decarbonized energy model.
Take urgent action to combat climate change and its impacts
The generation and use of energy is responsible for 74 % of total greenhouse gas emissions in the world. This activity is the largest contributor to global warming. Investment in renewable energy, energy efficiency and other low carbon technologies will continue to be essential to meet the new needs of humanity and to minimise their negative impact on the environment.
ACCIONA considers the fight against climate change and its related effects to be a strategic priority. The Company is working to mitigate greenhouse gas emissions in order to contribute to the progress of society and respond to the main challenges of sustainable development in the areas of infrastructure, water and energy, leading the transition to a low-carbon economy.
With a total investment of AU$1.96 billion, the 1,026MW MacIntyre Wind Farm Precinct will be ACCIONA Energía’s biggest renewable energy facility and one of the largest onshore wind farms in the world. Developed in partnership with CleanCo, the Queensland Government’s newest renewable energy generator, the wind farm is expected to be operational in 2024.
The MacIntyre Wind Farm will be constructed on land predominately used for sheep farming. Current farming practices will continue during the construction and operations phases of the wind farm. The site has been selected due to its exposure to consistent winds across this part of the country and provides a suitable resource for the development of a wind farm.
By greening Queensland's electricity mix, the MacIntyre wind complex will help the state meet its decarbonisation commitments and climate change mitigation strategies. The scale of the MacIntyre project makes it one of the largest onshore wind farms in the world today.
- Location: South-West of Warwick, Queensland, Australia
- Capacity: 1,026 MW
- Wind turbine: Nordex Delta 4000-N163/5.7
- Completion date: 2024
- Owner: ACCIONA Energía (923.4 MW) and CleanCo (102.6 MW)
- Project configuration: 180x5.7 MW turbines
- Tip Height: up to 230 metres
- Total investment of AU$1.96 billion (€1 billion)
- Boosting Queensland government's decarbonisation strategy
- Scheduled to begin construction in 2022 and become fully operational in 2024
- Result in the establishment of a Community Enhancement Program to strategically deliver added value to the local regional over the life cycle of the project
- Provide significant economic activity across the Goondiwindi, Southern Downs and Toowoomba Regional Council areas
- Local spend during construction is expected to exceed AU$500 million
Please visit our detail page for more information about this project including relevant documentation, latest project news and community benefits.