- Go to acciona.com
A large renewable energy facility
With a total investment of AU$1.96 billion, the 1,026MW MacIntyre Wind Farm Precinct will be ACCIONA’s biggest renewable energy facility and one of the largest onshore wind farms in the world. Developed in partnership with CleanCo, the Queensland Government’s newest renewable energy generator, the wind farm is expected to be operational in 2024.
The MacIntyre Wind Farm will be constructed on land predominately used for sheep farming. Current farming practices will continue during the construction and operations phases of the wind farm. The site has been selected due to its exposure to consistent winds across this part of the country and provides a suitable resource for the development of a wind farm.
By greening Queensland's electricity mix, the MacIntyre wind complex will help the state meet its decarbonisation commitments and climate change mitigation strategies. The scale of the MacIntyre project makes it one of the largest onshore wind farms in the world today.
- Location: South-West of Warwick, Queensland, Australia
- Capacity: 1,026 MW
- Wind turbine: Nordex Delta 4000-N163/5.7
- Completion date: 2024
- Owner: ACCIONA (923.4 MW) and CleanCo (102.6 MW)
- Project configuration: 180x5.7 MW turbines
- Tip Height: up to 285 metres
- Total investment of AU$1.96 billion (€1 billion)
- Boosting Queensland government's decarbonisation strategy
- Scheduled to begin construction in 2022 and become fully operational in 2024
- Result in the establishment of a Community Enhancement Program to strategically deliver added value to the local regional over the life cycle of the project
- Provide significant economic activity across the Goondiwindi, Southern Downs and Toowoomba Regional Council areas
- Local spend during construction is expected to exceed AU$500 million
MEGAWATTS (MW) CAPACITY
LATEST TECHNOLOGY WIND TURBINES
MILLION TONS OF CO2 AVOIDED
WIND FARM IN AUSTRALIA
RELEVANT DOCUMENTATIONEPBC Preliminary Documentation
LATEST PROJECT NEWS
Our community engagement initiatives
If you would like to raise any matters with a CEC member, please contact one of the member below:
Jo Sheppard, Chair
There are many roles that will be available through all stages of the project – from the planning, through to construction and operations phases.
Our employment section is the best place to look for specific vacancies as they become available. If you don’t see a suitable vacancy to apply at this time, we encourage you to upload your CV.
Supplier and Contracting Opportunities
ACCIONA is committed to supporting local industry participation and is encouraging local suppliers and contractors that are interested in conducting business for the project to register through the ICN Gateway – MacIntyre Wind Farm Project page.
If you would like to register your interest directly with ACCIONA's Procurement Team, please send your details and qualification information to email@example.com.
Please include MacIntyre Wind Farm in the email title.