- Go to acciona.com
- A year of challenges and commitment to design a better planet. Summarizing some of the most reowned milestones through which we are contributing to make our planet a more sustainable place.
Only a few days have passed since we brought in the New Year in 2019. Our company has plenty of challenges ahead of it over the next 12 months.
However, before we look at what will surely be a highly-charged and action-packed year, let's take a few moments to cast our minds back and see what the highlights were for ACCIONA in 2018:
- The year began with ACCIONA’s announcement that it would be carrying out another major project in Australia, the elimination of level crossings in Victoria. This step will improve the quality of life in the neighbourhoods affected by the new works and improve the road network. This project was awarded to Coleman Rail, a subsidiary of ACCIONA Geotech.
- ACCIONA launches a new campaign, posing the question- What if investing in the planet was the smartest decision? ACCIONA fights climate change by going about our business in a different way. We also collaborated with Liam Hemsworth on this campaign to share the message about investing in the planet.
- ACCIONA Microenergía, ACCIONA's corporate foundation, will now be known as acciona.org. In this new stage, it will continue to focus all its efforts towards enabling universal access to water and the basic necessary services for people living in some of the most disadvantaged communities around the world.
- ACCIONA entered as the first 100% empowered rally car to finish the Finke Desert Race in Alice Springs.
- ACCIONA completes Mt.Gellibrand Wind Farm and opens the gates to the public at #WindFarmOpenDay.
- ACCIONA supports the Homeward Bound program to promote women's leadership in the fight against climate change in science. This expedition of 79 female scientists to Antarctica was joined by Christiana Figueres, world leader in this area and a director of ACCIONA:
- ACCIONA and Ferrovial scoop up seven Australian Business Awards, marking the successful ongoing delivery of two significant projects in NSW. The projects are Warrell Creek to Nambucca Heads Pacific Highway Upgrade, and the Bridge over the Clarence River at Harwood.
- ACCIONA is awarded Mortlake South Wind Farm, which marks the 5th wind farm owned and operated by ACCIONA in Australia.
- ACCIONA was also named the world's greenest electricity company for the fourth year running:
- To cap off the year, we released a video to celebrate the Holidays, called 'A tale for a better planet'