- Go to acciona.com
Located in the heart of Colac Otway Shire
CLEAN, NON-POLLUTING ENERGY
Ensure access to affordable, reliable, sustainable and modern energy for all
1 in 8 people still do not have access to electricity. In order to ensure access to affordable, reliable, sustainable and modern energy for all, it is necessary to increase the use of renewable energy from 25 % today to 38 % in 2025.
ACCIONA is positioning itself as a key player in addressing the growth in energy demand while curbing the progress of global warming and promoting the transition to a decarbonized energy model.
Take urgent action to combat climate change and its impacts
The generation and use of energy is responsible for 74 % of total greenhouse gas emissions in the world. This activity is the largest contributor to global warming. Investment in renewable energy, energy efficiency and other low carbon technologies will continue to be essential to meet the new needs of humanity and to minimise their negative impact on the environment.
ACCIONA considers the fight against climate change and its related effects to be a strategic priority. The Company is working to mitigate greenhouse gas emissions in order to contribute to the progress of society and respond to the main challenges of sustainable development in the areas of infrastructure, water and energy, leading the transition to a low-carbon economy.
The wind farm has been constructed around the southern and western sides of Mt Gellibrand itself. These open and partly elevated plains make the site an ideal location for a wind farm.
In July 2016, the Mt Gellibrand Wind Farm was successful in the State Government’s RCPI tender, for the purchase of green energy certificates linked to renewable energy generated in Victoria.
- Location: South-west Victoria, approximately 25 kilometres east of Colac and 17 kilometres west of Winchelsea
- Capacity: 132 MW
- Project configuration: 44 x Nordex ACCIONA Windpower AW125/3000
- Tower: steel, 87.5m hub height
- Completion date: End 2018
- Owner: ACCIONA
- Grid connection: connected to the 66kV Powercor Terang-Geelong transmission line via a new terminal station
- CO2 emissions benefit: approximately 412,000 tonnes annually
- Project value: $258M AUD
- $258 million AUD investment
- Made up of 44 wind turbines
- Rotors with 125m diameter on 87.5m high steel towers (at hub level)
- Tip Height: 150m
- Energy production: equivalent up to 90,000 households
- 412,000 t of CO2 emissions avoided per year (in coal-fired power stations)
- Over 100 construction jobs and approximately 10 ongoing full time equivalent positions on site
Please visit our detail page for more information about this project including relevant documentation, latest project news and community benefits.