- Go to acciona.com
Recently celebrated 10 years
With 192 MW installed, the Waubra wind farm is the biggest operated by ACCIONA in Australia and one of the ones with the highest capacity implemented by the company worldwide. Located in the south-east of the country in the State of Victoria, it has 128 wind turbines of ACCIONA Windpower technology (1.5 MW each). It produces energy equivalent to the demand from around 110,000 homes, avoiding the emission of around 650,000 metric tons of CO2 to the atmosphere from coal-fired power stations.
ACCIONA has invested over $1 million AUD in community groups and initiatives over the 10+ years that the wind farm has been operational.
- Location: Victoria, Australia
- Project Configuration: 128 x ACCIONA Windpower 1.5MW turbines
- Capacity: up to 192 MW
- Completion date: July 2009
- Energy production: equivalent up to 138,000 households
- Grid connection: connected to Ballarat-Horsham 220kV transmission line
- CO2 emissions benefit: Approximately 650,000 tonnes annually
- Tip Height: Ranges from 110m to 120m
- Project value: $450M AUD