- Go to acciona.com
2021 was another eventful year for ACCIONA. We announced several new and ambitious projects, hit major milestones and participated in major partnerships & events. Now that we have entered 2022, we want to look back on some of our biggest achievements of 2021.
- We started the year being listed among the top 100 corporations globally in the transition to decarbonisation by Corporate Nights. ACCIONA has been in the top 100 since 2018, and this year moved 39 places up the ranking, now sitting at number 31.
- We entered February with the commencement of construction on the Bunbury Outer Ring Road in WA. The project will reduce the local congestion and increase efficiency for freight vehicles and regional traffic, while also improving long-term access to the Bunbury Port.
- In April, we received approval to develop the 1GW MacIntyre Wind Farm Precinct, which will be ACCIONA Energía's largest wind farm we have ever built and one of the largest in the Southern Hemisphere. Construction is due to start this year, and the project will bring many economic benefits to the Queensland region.
- From June - October, we sponsored the Goya Exhibition at the National Gallery of Victoria.
- We didn't stop there with gaining approval on new renewable energy projects. In July, we achieved approval for the Aldoga Solar Farm, which will be one of our first renewable energy projects in Australia to be on government-owned land.
A fantastic achievement for the #ACCIONATeam! We are one step closer to building the Aldoga Solar Farm, which will expand our Australian solar portfolio. The project will be developed in stages, with the first stage to have capacity of 315MWp ☀️ https://t.co/ADPV4PxMBF— Brett Wickham (@BrettWickham_) July 29, 2021
- In July, we announced a Power Purchase Agreement (PPA) with Coles Group to supply green energy that will support them in their goal to become Australia’s most sustainable supermarket.
We are proud to be assisting @Coles to become Australia’s most sustainable supermarket! 🛒— ACCIONA | Australia (@ACCIONA_AU) October 17, 2021
Coles will purchase large-scale generation certificates (LGC) from our #MtGellibrandWindFarm and #MortlakeSouthWindFarm 👏 https://t.co/0juToqn51T
- In September, ACCIONA was awarded a contract, along with CPB, to construct the runway for the new Western Sydney International Airport.
ACCIONA is excited to be awarded the contract to build the new Western Sydney International Airport runway.— ACCIONA | Australia (@ACCIONA_AU) October 13, 2021
This project builds on the major earthworks that ACCIONA and CPB Contractors are currently completing on the Western Sydney Airport site. https://t.co/isD8XcErqJ pic.twitter.com/kyQkGRef5s
- We entered the inaugural year of a partnership with the University of Southern Queensland to provide the MacIntyre Wind Farm Scholarship to students at the university. The recipient for the 2021 scholarship was Ben Andreas, who is studying a Bachelor's Degree of Nursing.
Are you or is someone you know planning to study at the University of Southern Queensland - Australia in 2022? Applications are now open for the USQ MacIntyre Wind Farm Scholarship! Find out more 👇 https://t.co/iM9KEF97zU Get in quick, applications close 14 November 2021! ⏰— ACCIONA | Australia (@ACCIONA_AU) October 27, 2021
- Our infrastructure business took a billion dollar step towards the construction of the Inland Rail in NSW with the Australian Rail Track Corporation engaging global leaders in sustainable solutions for infrastructure to deliver the project.
- November was a busy month for the infrastructure business. We completed the tunneling for the WestConnex M4-M5 link tunnels, a project that will cut down travel times for people in Sydney.
- We participated in the Clean Energy Council Open Day on the 27th of November at our Mortlake South Wind Farm. The construction of the turbines on this wind farm were completed in June and it was great to have the community come and experience the site.
- In late November, we celebrated the removal of 54 level crossings. The boom gates at Edithvale, Bonbeach and Chelsea on the Frankston line were previously down for 40% of the time during peak hour.
The team on SPA have finished the big dig as part of their works for @levelcrossings in Edithvale, Chelsea, and Bonbeach. Approximately 200,000m3 of soil have been removed to construct the three rail trenches – that’s equivalent to 80 Olympic-sized swimming pools! pic.twitter.com/hLSTclL8xv— ACCIONA | Australia (@ACCIONA_AU) November 4, 2021
- Our ACCIONA Energía business celebrated a huge win in December signing an agreement to supply clean energy from the MacIntyre to a 3GW hyrdrogen plant in Queensland.
Subscribe to our newsletter below and follow us on social media to keep updated about we get up to in 2022!