- Go to acciona.com
We have broken down the process step-by-step to show you how it’s possible to convert waste into valuable energy.
- As human beings, we produce a lot of waste. We recommend recycling this waste wherever possible, in order to avoid the accumulation of waste clogging up the earth.
- The household waste is collected and then transported to a WtE facility, where the magic unfolds.
- The plant burns the waste at high temperatures. This heat is subsequently transformed into clean energy.
- The energy generated is then fed into the electrical grid, which is then brought back into communities and powers thousands of homes and other essential services.
- As a result, WtE plants reduce greenhouse gas, carbon dioxide and harmful methane emissions compared with traditional landfill. It also provides a reliable source of clean energy and improves the stability of the electrical grid.
WtE plants provide a practical solution to two community challenges: waste disposal and renewable energy supply.
Positioning itself as a fundamental element in achieving a circular economy, the WtE process mitigates environmental disaster for future generations and is one that the planet can reap the benefits of.
“Waste to Energy is a solution to a problem, tackling the problem in the first instance, will provide the best outcome. Therefore, we are encouraging the practices of reusing, reducing and recycling wherever possible.” – Alex Bedford, Project Manager.
ACCIONA is currently building two WtE plants in Western Australia. To find out more about these projects, click the links below: