- Go to acciona.com
We are excited to announce that the Alliance currently delivering rail upgrades on the Ararat to Maryborough Line (ACCIONA, Coleman Rail and SMEC) has been selected to deliver the next package of works on the Murray Basin Rail Project.
- Passing loop upgrades at Tourello and Emu
- A mobile refuelling station at Ouyen, and
- Signalling upgrades at Maryborough Junction.
The project will deliver key benefits for primary producers and freight operators, including increased capacity, improved network reliability and resilience, and reduced journey times.”
This project aligns with the Integrate to Transform lever of our SMP2025, where our ambition is to have ACCIONA’s sustainable difference evident in every project. As an example:
- We delivered 165m long rail track from Port Augusta to the Ararat rail corridor by train. (In total, 11 trains will deliver 166,647 metres of 47kg/m rail, replacing 357 trucks and resulting in a 679-tonne reduction of CO2 emissions.)
- 530 recycled composite plastic sleepers were adopted for use in the works at Donald. (The 530 sleepers comprise 85% post-consumer plastic, diverting 17.7 tonnes of plastic waste from landfills and supporting Victoria’s Recycled First Policy for a circular economy.)
The ACCIONA and Coleman Rail-led alliance currently delivering rail upgrades on the Ararat to Maryborough Line has been selected to deliver the next package of works on the Murray Basin Rail Project.