- Go to acciona.com
Sydney Metro West will connect greater Parramatta and the Sydney CBD
Acciona Ferrovial Joint Venture (AFJV) has been awarded the contract to design and construct the Sydney Metro West – Central Tunnelling Package. The contract includes the delivery of twin 11 kilometre tunnels and excavation of five station boxes at Sydney Olympic Park, North Strathfield, Burwood North, Five Dock and The Bays.
This new underground metro railway will double rail capacity between Parramatta and the Sydney CBD, with a target travel time of about 20 minutes between the two centres. Construction started in September 2021.
- Location: Sydney, New South Wales.
- Contract type: Design and construction.
- Joint Venture: ACCIONA Australia and Ferrovial Australia.
- Project value: $1.96 billion (AUD).
- Contract award date: 15 July 2021
- Year of project completion: 2025
- Twin 11 kilometre metro railway tunnels from The Bays to Sydney Olympic Park.
- Excavation and civil works for five new stations at The Bays, Five Dock, Burwood North, North Strathfield and Sydney Olympic Park.
- Two double-shield, hard rock TBMs.
- A crossover cavern at Burwood North and one of the two precast facilities at Eastern Creek.
- More than 70,000 concrete segments to line the twin tunnels.
- Two access shafts at Burwood North and The Bays.
- A TBM launch site at The Bays Station and a TBM retrieval site at Sydney Olympic Park Station.
Project Information and Documentation
As part of our commitment to the surrounding community, we publish environmental management plans and regular reports from the project below
Construction monitoring reports
About ACCIONA and Ferrovial
ACCIONA and Ferrovial have been collaborating for thirty years on projects in different countries around the world. In New South Wales, the companies have worked together on the Pacific Highway Upgrade between Warrell Creek and Nambucca Heads, the Harwood Bridge over the Clarence River and the recently completed Toowoomba bypass in Queensland