- Go to acciona.com
ACCIONA's fifth wind farm in Australia
CLEAN, NON-POLLUTING ENERGY
Ensure access to affordable, reliable, sustainable and modern energy for all
1 in 8 people still do not have access to electricity. In order to ensure access to affordable, reliable, sustainable and modern energy for all, it is necessary to increase the use of renewable energy from 25 % today to 38 % in 2025.
ACCIONA is positioning itself as a key player in addressing the growth in energy demand while curbing the progress of global warming and promoting the transition to a decarbonized energy model.
Take urgent action to combat climate change and its impacts
The generation and use of energy is responsible for 74 % of total greenhouse gas emissions in the world. This activity is the largest contributor to global warming. Investment in renewable energy, energy efficiency and other low carbon technologies will continue to be essential to meet the new needs of humanity and to minimise their negative impact on the environment.
ACCIONA considers the fight against climate change and its related effects to be a strategic priority. The Company is working to mitigate greenhouse gas emissions in order to contribute to the progress of society and respond to the main challenges of sustainable development in the areas of infrastructure, water and energy, leading the transition to a low-carbon economy.
The wind farm is being constructed on cleared open and level land that is predominantly used for dairy farming.
The location is highly exposed to consistent winds, making the site ideal for wind powered electricity generation. Livestock grazing will continue around the wind turbines once construction is complete.
In 2018, the Mortlake South Wind Farm was successful in the Victorian Renewable Energy Target (VRET) reverse auction. VRET is the Victorian Government’s legislated target aiming for 25% of electricity generation from renewable sources by 2020 and 40% by 2025.
- Project Configuration: 35 x Nordex 4.5MW turbines
- Capacity: up to 157.5 MW
- Final planning approval: April 2017
- Completion date: Mid 2022
- Energy production: equivalent up to 117,000 households
- Grid connection: 15km underground connection line to 220kV Terang substation
- Tip Height: Ranges from 186m
- Project value: $280M AUD
- Project location: 5km from Mortlake in Moyne Shire
- ACCIONA's fifth wind farm in Australia and third in Victoria
- Prevents the emission of approximately 532,000 tonnes of CO2 from coal-fired power stations per year
- About 100 jobs created during construction and 10 ongoing jobs in operation
- Equipped with a battery storage facility of between 4 and 5 MW of power, to increase their performance and facilitate their integration into the grid
Please visit our detail page for more information about this project including relevant documentation, latest project news and community benefits.