- Go to acciona.com
additional car spaces
Adressing accessibility, safety and connectivity concerns.
INDUSTRY, INNOVATION AND INFRASTRUCTURE
Build resilient infrastructure, promote sustainable industrialization and foster innovation
Economic growth, social advancement and action against the climate emergency depend largely on investment in infrastructure, sustainable industrial development and technological progress. Today, about 1 billion people live more than 2 km from a roadway, 940 million live without electricity, and 663 million lack improved drinking water sources.
ACCIONA participates in the entire infrastructure construction value chain, from the identification of opportunity, design and execution, to the operation and maintenance of the constructed works, using the most advanced and innovative techniques.
Performance quality and safety are two of the criteria that maximize the company's value proposal in the development of large infrastructure projects and that differentiate it from other competitors in the construction field.
SUSTAINABLE CITIES AND COMMUNITIES
Make cities and human settlements inclusive, safe, resilient and sustainable
Today, cities represent 3 % of the planet's surface and concentrate more than 50 % of the population. A figure that will rise to 70 % by 2050. In addition, cities generate more than 80 % of the world's gross domestic product (GDP).
In addition to facilitating access to essential services for life - such as energy and water - ACCIONA contributes to making cities places of productive well-being in which to live, favouring people's socio-economic development.
The upgrades form part of the $1.75 billion Regional Rail Revival Program which is a joint initiative funded by the Australian and Victorian Governments. Coleman Rail is delivering the works on behalf of VicTrack.
Donnybrook Station will feature 150 additional car spaces, new platform shelters, two new bus bays, and modifications to Springs Road. Wallan Station will feature an extended waiting room, additional toilet facilities, new platform shelters, two new bus bays and additional bicycle facilities.
Location: Victoria, Australia
Contract Type: D&C
Completion date: 2020
Project Value: AU $24 million
- The upgrades have improved the efficiency of the Shepparton line in two of Victoria’s growing communities.
- Improved amenities at the stations facilitate the passengers’ accessibility and safety needs.
- The extension of the city-bound platform makes it quicker for passengers to get on and off.
- Both stations will experience a boost in security, with CCTV and improved lighting installed on platforms and in the car park to ensure passenger safety.
- The stations have undergone an extension of the city-bound platform to accommodate five-carriage loco-hauled trains and six-carriage VLocity trains, improving the V/Line services.