- Go to acciona.com
The proposed Herries Range Wind Farm is located near Karara (about 50km west of Warwick) in the Darling Downs Region of Queensland. The Project is proposed across the Southern Downs, Goondiwindi and Toowoomba local government areas.
The Herries Range wind farm is located within the Southern Queensland Renewable Energy Zone (QREZ), an area identified by the Queensland Government as a priority region for the development of renewable energy projects that will support jobs and drive investment across the regional economy. The Project is anticipated to comprise around 180 wind turbines, with ancillary infrastructure including on-site substations, and the potential for future energy storage.
- Location: Karara, Queensland
- Capacity: Approximately 1000MW
- Number of turbines: up to 180
- Energy production: equivalent up to 700,000 households annually
- Jobs: up to 600 jobs during peak construction, up to 10 ongoing full-time roles during operation
- Significant economic activity across the Southern Downs, Goondiwindi and Toowoomba Regional Council Areas.
- Up to 600 jobs during peak construction and up to 10 full-time roles once the wind farm becomes operational.
- Providing a diversified income for wind farm host landowners.
- Employment and procurement opportunities for local residents and businesses.
- Establishment of a community enhancement program which will assist community organisations, community groups and local schools with financial grants to support community events, projects and activities.
- A Scholarship Program open to local students to provide support to further their education at University or TAFE.
LATEST PROJECT NEWS
Visit our online community hub, where you can ask questions and give us feedback about the project.