- Go to acciona.com
ACCIONA's third wind farm in Australia
Consists of 31 wind turbines and provides enough clean energy to power 36,000 homes. The turbines are located on the privately owned property Walwa, which is predominantly cleared pastoral land. The wind farm site continues to be used for grazing.
- Project Configuration: 31 x 1.5MW turbines
- Capacity: 46.5 MW
- Completion date: May 2011
- Energy production: equivalent up to 36,000 homes annually
- Grid connection: new 132kV transmission line connecting to the existing 132kV Yass-Goulburn line
- CO2 emissions benefit: approximately 160,000 tonnes per annum
- Tip Height: 110m
- Project value: $147M AUD
- Project location: Gunning, NSW, 70 km north-east of Canberra
MEGAWATTS (MW) OF POWER
DOCUMENTATION AND MANAGEMENT PLANS
Visit our online community hub, where you can ask questions and give us feedback about the project.